I went to the world championships in Almeria, Spain with some German friends from Cologne. I won two medals, gold and bronze with group blue. The exhibition was well organised and I met a lot of Spanish breeders. The examination wasn Lt as good, which most people agreed on.
The breeding started off well and I disinfected the cages with Byemite and used Frontline spray on the wings. I didn Lt see a single mite. Almost all of the females immediately started building a nest, and with one exception all eggs were fertilised. Several days after the eggs hatched the first young birds started dying because of black spots. In total about 100 didn Lt make it. I have no idea how this happened, I didn Lt have a problem with it last year in which I worked the exact same way.
In the end I had 250 youngs. It should have been more, but the quality was great. All of them are outside now. Onto Hasselt, Belgium for the next world Championships.